Now is the time of year when many families are preparing for the end of the school year and making summer vacation plans. When you make your family vacation plans, do you think about travel insurance? Many folks do not. Travel insurance may be last on your list of vacation preparations, but it really is important. Any number of unforseen events can cast a dark cloud on vacation plans – unforeseen illness, injury, theft, lost baggage, cancelled flights, etc., just to name a few. No one really thinks about these unfortunate events until they happen, making it too late to resolve if travel insurance was not purchased.
Here are 10 common examples (and reasons!) to get travel insurance:
- It’s 10 p.m. and you and your family arrive at the airport for a connecting flight, only to find that your flight has been cancelled. Who can assist you with finding new flights to get everyone home?
- Your bag was lost with your insulin inside. You need help to locate your bag as soon as possible and have your emergency prescription filled. Who do you call?
- Your first visit to Europe, and your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for emergency cash, and how will you get your passport replaced?
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. Who will help arrange and pay for a medical evacuation?
- A family member becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your trip, what happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?
- You arrive in Cancun and your luggage doesn’t. If it’s lost, who will help you find it? If it’s delayed, who will pay for your necessities? If it’s stolen, who will pay to replace it?
- Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. Who will pay for your non-refundable expenses?
- You’re walking down a street in Paris and twist your ankle. Who can help you find an English-speaking physician?
- Three weeks before your scheduled arrival, a terrorist incident occurs in the city to which you are planning to visit. Who will pay if you want to cancel your trip?
- You are at a beach resort in the Gulf Coast and you are forced to evacuate due to an approaching hurricane. Who will help you evacuate and who will reimburse your lost vacation investment?
Convinced? These examples are real-life scenarios that can happen at any time! Don’t risk it – be prepared! To review travel insurance company reviews and ratings, visit http://www.travelinsurancereview.net/reviews.