We all know regular exercise is an important key to keeping ourselves healthy. But at times, you may get bored with your workout routine. Since boredom can cause a strong temptation to quit, try to ward off stagnation before it ever begins.
When you head out for a walk or run, it can help to use a fun fitness app like MapMyRun. This app uses the GPS capability in your phone to track your mileage and give you encouraging updates. You should also compare your distances and times, because seeing your progress in hard numbers can give you the boost you need to keep going.
That’s the practical side of apps like MapMyRun. Now for the fun side: MapMyRun, and other apps like it, allow users to choose their own workout music while using the mileage tracking program. Music is one of the best motivators for exercise; it’s fun, it’s energetic, and it’s often inspiring.
If you’re looking for some great workout tunes, check out the most popular tunes trending on MapMyRun right now:
1. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
2. Taylor Swift – Blank Space
3. Mark Ronson – Uptown Funk
4. Pharrell Williams – Happy
5. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
6. Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang
7. Maroon 5 – Sugar
8. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass
9. Taylor Swift – Style
10. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – Can’t Hold Us
11. Robin Thicke – Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell)
12. Iggy Azalea – Fancy (feat. Charli XCX)
13. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
14. Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin’
15. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (feat. Juicy J)
16. Hozier – Take Me to Church
17. Katy Perry – Roar
18. Pitbull – Timber (feat. Ke$ha)
19. Rihanna and Kanye West and Paul McCartney – FourFiveSeconds
20. DJ Snake & Lil Jon – Turn Down For What
As always, exercise caution if you’re listening to music while exercising outdoors. We rely on our ears to inform us of oncoming traffic, so keep the music turned down to a reasonable volume, and remember to compensate by looking twice before crossing roads.